How to Conduct Employee Review
Performance reviews are an essential component of employee development. The performance review meeting is an important aspect of career planning, and the outcomes of the meeting should be known to the employee and supervisor before the meeting actually takes place. Remember what the German philosopher Goethe said: “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being.”
What Will Students Learn?
· Recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees.
· Understand how to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
· Develop skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
· Identify an effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
· Make the performance review legally defensible.