Workplace Violence Training Course
Violence of any sort has many roots. Sometimes there are warning signs of workplace violence, but this is not always the case. It is up to us to learn whatever we can to prevent, identify, and mitigate any threats, and this comprehensive course includes everything a workplace leader needs to get started.
What Will Students Learn?
- Describe what workplace violence is
- Identify some warning signs of violence
- Apply the cycle of anger
- Understand Albert Bandura’s behavior wheel and how it applies to anger
- Develop a seven-step process for managing your anger and others’ anger
- Apply better communication and problem solving skills, which will reduce frustration and anger
- Develop some other ways of managing anger, including coping thoughts and relaxation techniques
- Use the nine components of an organizational approach to managing anger, including risk assessment processes
- Respond if a violent incident occurs in the workplace on an individual and organizational level