Rudeness in the workplace is increasing to the level that universities are studying it. Everyone is busy, everyone is stressed, and most people take it out on their colleagues at one time or another. We’ve all been in a situation where we need to print something ASAP and someone has left the printer jammed, or we need coffee and the coffeepot is empty. Technology is supposed to make life easier and simpler, but most managers find themselves cleaning up the messes caused by too many gadgets. This course will show you how to leverage technology to work smarter, not harder.
What Will Students Learn?
- Make your workplace a technology-friendly place
- Make the most of computers, telephones, instant messaging, e-mail, contact management applications, and scheduling software
- Communicate better with the IT department
- Make the best software and training choices
- Set an IT budget
- Set expectations and responsibilities for security and privacy
- Keep employees safe and healthy
- Develop and implement a system usage policy
- Implement policies for dealing with company property
- Decide whether or not employees should telecommute
- Make telecommuting work
- Deal with workplace rage
- Address technological issues